Monday, December 15, 2008

YUCKY FLU:(

SO we got hit with the flu this weekend. Megan woke up Sat. night around midnight and proceeded to vomit every hour until morning. Ryan and I took turns with her throughout this ordeal. YUCK! There's nothing worse than cleaning up vomit! She first threw up in the bathroom sink and it wouldn't drain so I had to reach in admist chunks of Dunkin Donuts Egg and Cheese Croissant Sandwich and Green frosted donut pieces to pull out the drain stopper. EWWWWW! Then she felt better.

Ryan left to go play organ for St. Malachy and took Hailey to sing with the Children's Choir. During the service she made her way off the stand to say she felt sick. She was able to lie down in the rectory. Then they had to rush to the Mormon choir practice and she had to tag along since there was no time to bring her home. Once they finally made it home....she threw up in the toilet. Way to hold it in, girl!

Next, around 5pm I started feeling off and proceeded to throw up once and then a second time around 7:30. I was supposed to help with the Primary Baptism Fireside which Hailey was going to attend since she'll be turning 8 in January. I had made a crock pot chicken soup for the fireside and made Ryan run it up to the church. Apparently A LOT of kids from our Ward got the flu this weekend so we're wondering if it came from the Ward Christmas Dinner from Friday night. Hmmmmmmmmmm? We were just getting over nasty colds from the week before (which Matthew, unfortunately is still suffering severly from:(

There's nothing worse than having the flu, except being pregnant and feeling that way 24/7 for many months! But we're all feeling better now and we'll let the kids go back to school tomorrow (Tues) since they've been feeling great all day today while I recouped. I seem to have had it the worst. I just hope Ryan and baby Matthew don't get it next......knock on wood. Ryan was such a trooper taking care of us all and getting up with Matthew to feed him in the middle of the night.

This all happened towards the end of two very stressful weeks for Ryan having had concerts last Saturday in Wakefield, Sunday at Walnut Hill School in Natick, then St. Malachy this Saturday and Ward Choir Christmas program on Sunday during the flu attack.

We need a VACATION! Sorry, I don't think you want pics of flu event:) and I forgot the camera for Ryan's concerts. But they all went GREAT!

1 comment:

jessica said...

Oh I am so sorry! Aric has the "if-I'm-around-puke-I-will-puke" disorder, so I am the one that usually has to deal with it...

We are dealing with the cough that won't go away and the tickle in the throat that better not turn into anything real ailment.

If you need a vacay you can always come back here!